February 12, 2012

Johannes Vermeer's "Lady Seated at a Virginal"

Nationality: Dutch
Born-Died: 1632-1675
Creation Date: c. 1670-1672
Size: 20.2 × 17.9 inch (51.5 × 45.5 cm)
Media: Oil on canvas
Location: The National Gallery, London, UK


Today's post is the last of Vermeer's paintings.  There is one more disputed work, but it looks so different I wouldn't know why people think it is by Vermeer, so I decided not to include it.  There are also a number of relatively famous forgeries which are fascinating to analyze, but I'll save that for another time.  Whatever I post tomorrow I promise that it won't be Dutch! 

I hope that you enjoyed seeing all of Vermeer's works and found the little bit of commentary and information interesting. 


Jan Johannes Vermeer Lady Seated Virginal

No comments:

Post a Comment