July 17, 2012

A Week of Winsor McCay's Editorial Cartoons for Objectivists, Day 1

Nationality: American
Born-Died: 1869-1934


I found these in two books called "Winsor McCay: Early Works III" and "IX" and they are really great.  I think other Objectivists will enjoy them.  Looking through his work I am very impressed by how  he supported the free market, industry, science, freedom and how anti-religion and superstition he was.  His work is not above criticism however.  He very often cast wealth, money and greed in a negative light while glorifying immoralities such as public education.  In any case, his drawings are fantastic and many of the ideas are too.  I hope you enjoy them as I do!


This first one is AMAZING.


one objectivist's art object of the day winsor mccay editorial cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment