August 5, 2012

Jacques-Louis David's "Comtesse Daru"


Seven works of art I would like to see at the Frick

I recently visited New York and seeing the Frick was part of my plans, but due to time constraints I couldn't do it.  Anyway, in an effort to turn lemons into lemonade, I'm going to post seven works of art from the Frick that I wish I could have seen.  

Nationality: French
Born-Died: 1748-1825
Size: 32.1 × 25.6 in. (81.6 × 65.1 cm)
Creation Date: 1810
Media: Oil on canvas 
Location: The Frick Collection, New York City, New York, USA

I have been a David fan for many years and whenever I get the chance to see one of his works I take it.  They generally reproduce well so I wouldn't expect it to be too different from the reproductions, but still I always enjoy seeing his work.

jacques-louis david comtesse daru one objectivist's art object of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment