July 29, 2012

Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres' "Louise de Broglie, Countesse d'Haussonville"


Seven works of art I would like to see at the Frick

I recently visited New York and seeing the Frick was part of my plans, but due to time constraints I couldn't do it.  Anyway, in an effort to turn lemons into lemonade, I'm going to post seven works of art from the Frick that I wish I could have seen.  

Nationality: French
Born-Died: 1780-1867
Creation Date: 1845
Size: 51.875 x 36.25  in (131.8 x 92.1 cm)
Media: Oil on canvas 
Location: The Frick Collection, New York City, New York, USA

Ingres is one of my favorite painters and I always jump at the opportunity to see any of his works in real life.  On my next visit I'll take so many detail photographs of this painting it will be dizzying.

Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres Louise de Broglie, Countesse d'Haussonville one objectivists art object of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment